The Montauk Food Pantry was established in 1984 by Fran Ecker, Ines Fox, and Shelly Engstrom when they discovered that some children in our community came to school without sufficient food for lunch.
How To Help
The Food Pantry accepts donations throughout the year at the following locations:
- Montauk Community Church
- St. Therese Catholic Church
- St. Therese Parish Center
- Montauk Library
Donations are accepted at our primary location during our hours of operation, and you may request a drop-off time for special donations via our contact page.
We also benefit from food drives at various times during the year, including:
- Montauk School
- East Hampton High School
- Montauk Shores Condominiums
- Blessed Sacrament Church, Bayside Queens
- Bridgehampton National Bank
- “Heavy Bags” operated by the East Hampton Rotary Club annually on the Saturday before Thanksgiving
- “Food-For-Fines” sponsored by the Montauk Library during the months of November and June